There are many different brands of air conditioners on the market, and it can be hard to navigate which one is American-made.
What air conditioners are made in the USA?
What if I told you that there’s a way to ensure your buying decision is made easier? We compiled a list of air conditioning units that were made in the USA!
- What air conditioners are made in the USA?
- Top Air Conditioner Manufacturers and Companies in the USA
- Are Trane air conditioners made in the USA?
- What is the difference between American Standard and Trane air conditioners?
- Are York air conditioners made in the USA?
- Which portable air conditioners are made in the USA?
- What window ac units are made in the USA?
- What are the quality differences between American-made air conditioners vs overseas-made air conditioners?
- Installing a made in china AC unit
- Installation warranty for a non-American-made AC
- Which non-USA AC brand is most reliable?
Top Air Conditioner Manufacturers and Companies in the USA
Air conditioners are made in every country, but only certain companies make theirs within America’s borders. What air conditioners are made in the US? Here’s a list of those air conditioner brands:
- Carrier Most of the air conditioning manufacturing takes place in Collierville, Tennessee, and Indianapolis. Carrier has ductless, mini-ductless, and central air conditioning units. Carrier also has a wide range of heat pumps that can be used for heating as well as cooling.
- Goodman Manufacturing Many other HVAC manufacturers are moving their production outside of the United States. But Goodman invested $400M in a new state-of-the-art manufacturing facility located just outside of Houston, Texas.
- ClimateMaster The company will always be committed to making its goods in the U.S. The company operates a plant in Oklahoma City, which is 510,000 sq ft and which supports 600 American jobs. They also support over 1200 independent dealers by supporting their businesses.
- Lasko Products Based in Pennsylvania, Lasko Products makes fans and heaters. They have plants in Tennessee and Texas, where they make both indoor and outdoor fans plus other things like heaters.
- Bryant is part of Carrier. Carrier is a part of UTC. UTC also owns Heil and Day & Night, among others. Bryant has ductless mini-split systems and central air conditioning systems.
- American Standard American Standard is a purely American company and is committed to making its products in the USA. American Standard has a wide range of products like water heaters, furnaces, air conditioners, and more.
- York air conditioners have two factories in Kansas and Oklahoma. These facilities employ more than 2,400 PEOPLE from York’s home country of America! York has Mini-split systems, window units, and central air conditioners for the residential market.
- OceanAire designs and manufactures a wide range of portable air conditioner units, including air-cooled and water-cooled air conditioners. OceanAire products are made entirely in the U.S.A.
- Friedrich air conditioners are made in America. All of their products are made in America. Friedrich has air conditioners ranging from window ACs to whole-home systems.
There are only 8 or 9 companies in the residential HVAC industry left that are American-made.
Are Trane air conditioners made in the USA?
Whether you’re looking for an air conditioner, heat pump, furnace, or other accessories there are many American Standard products and Trane Systems. These two brands may trade as different companies but they’re actually the same company!
Both Trane and American Standard are made by the same company. They go down the same assembly line in Tyler, Texas, USA.
What is the difference between American Standard and Trane air conditioners?
While there are some differences between the two, they are both made in America at the same factory and have excellent quality.
The similarities and differences between American Standard systems and Trane systems can be hard to keep track of.
If you’re trying to decide which system is best for your needs, consider these points:
- American Standard and Trane estimate pricing are close, but American Standard AC is slightly more expensive.
- Trane and Carrier both offer 7 HVAC units that are very similar, but Trane has two more unique systems. The XL16i is a high-efficiency model with up to 16 SEER cooling output while the XR17 offers 17+ SEER for increased comfort levels in hot climates.
- American Standard air conditioners come in 3 product lines: the Silver Series, Gold Series, and Platinum series. Trane’s model line is a bit different as they use numbers instead of models to represent their products.
- Warranty: Trane’s air conditioners come with a 5-year limited warranty for unregistered products or 10 years if you register your HVAC product. The warranty covers all components both interior and exterior. Each American Standard air conditioner comes with a 10-year limited warranty on the compressor and outdoor coil, as well as 5 years for all other parts.
- The Trane and American Standard HVAC products go through the same assembly line, but come out with different coloring to distinguish the brands. A person can tell which brand their system is from just by looking at it.
Are York air conditioners made in the USA?
The York air conditioners have factories in Kansas and Oklahoma. These facilities employ more than 2,400 PEOPLE! You can be sure that your purchase of a York product is made with American hands.
Which portable air conditioners are made in the USA?
Lasko has a wide range of products including, tower fans, wall-mounted fans, table, and oscillating fans, whole-room humidifiers, and more.
Friedrich air conditioners are made in America and they have portable air conditioners as well.
What window ac units are made in the USA?
York has a window AC unit that is made in the USA and is one of the few in this industry.
What are the quality differences between American-made air conditioners vs overseas-made air conditioners?
Overseas-manufactured products are cheaper and may be more convenient for your shopping needs but the quality difference between American-made to overseas manufactured can sometimes be night and day!
There have been instances where an outside USA-made AC unit would cool a room while overheating or shutting off altogether. But then again, there are many instances where a foreign-made AC unit operates flawlessly.
One of the biggest differences, however, is that American-made air conditioners come with higher SEER ratings for better efficiency and energy savings!
You can buy a window ac unit made in china China or India for much cheaper than what it would cost to purchase a US-made air conditioner.
The downside to purchasing a unit made outside the USA is that it may not be as efficient and could even have a shorter lifespan than a US-manufactured product.
Installing a made in china AC unit
What’s more, sometimes it can be difficult to find an installer because they are not as popular in the USA.
Installation warranty for a non-American-made AC
Sometimes the installer isn’t ready to give you any warranty for the product they are installing, so there are more risks on the buyer’s side.
Which non-USA AC brand is most reliable?
But then again, these differences are not always an issue and in some cases, it may be worth buying a cheaper AC unit that is not made in the USA to save money! What do you think?
- Daikin is a global company. They sell air conditioners and have been in business since 1924. They are the first company to sell air conditioners in Japan. And now they are present in 150 countries.
- Hitachi is a Japanese AC brand that has excellent technology. It is the market leader in many parts of the world. In 2015, Hitachi’s AC company joined with Johnson Controls in order to create one of the largest air conditioning companies and also one of the highest quality brands in North America.
- LG is a Korean company that makes different kinds of AC equipment for people’s homes and bigger buildings. LG has been making ACs for more than 50 years ago. By 2008, it sold 100 million units of AC equipment in the world – the most of any other brand.
- Samsung is another South Korean brand that makes a lot of ACs. They include electronics in their ACs to make them smarter. For example, Samsung’s wind-free ACs will go into energy-saving mode when no humans are nearby for some time.
- Panasonic is another AC company from Japan. It is 100+ years old and it makes the best technology. Panasonic air purifiers are the best out there. They can remove cigarette smell from a room in a short time.
- Whirlpool is a company that has been around for over 100 years. They started making air conditioners in 1955 and have not looked back since. One of their most advanced technology is the 6th sense technology. This can lower the fan speed when humidity is high and increase the condensation process to make cooling faster.
- Haier was founded in 1984. Haier now has a large market share and is the largest home appliance maker in the world. Haier made news when it bought a company from America called GE Appliances.
- Midea is one of the largest AC brands in China and the world. They have collaborated with Carrier in many countries to sell their ACs because Carrier has a strong distribution network.
Best air conditioners are made by companies that have been making ACs for many years. They make both residential and commercial ACs. The competition in the residential market is very high, so it is hard to stay in this space without always innovating. Japan and the US rule the competitive industry because they are good at it.
Air conditioners made in America are very reliable. They last for decades as long as they’re maintained and serviced yearly by an HVAC technician with knowledge of American-made air conditioner technology.
Air conditioners can be manufactured anywhere as long as it meets U.S. standards for electrical power and safety-code equipment installation.
If you ain’t able to find an American-made air condition unit that suits you you can safely buy one of the international brands.
Many brands move their manufacturing overseas for cost-saving reasons. So it’s smart to check the latest news and check where they are made before buying if you want a product that is made in the USA.
If you’re looking for an HVAC system that is reliable and easy to maintain, we recommend going with a brand with high reviews like York or Friedrich as they are also manufactured in America.
But before you make a decision, think about which company will offer the best warranty and service after the purchase.